6.10.2009

A Kid in a {Paper} Shop.

OK, so I've just recently started shopping at the Paper Source online store. I love their colors, I love the envelopes (which will start to show up in my shop this summer), I love how all of their products coordinate. Oh how I would love to peruse an actual store. Well, today I finally got to. I am at my moms visiting and she happens to live near the South Coast Plaza Mall in Costa Mesa, which happens to have a brick and mortar Paper Source. I know, to some this might sound totally ridiculous, getting all excited to go see paper. But if you love paper like me, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

So this morning I got the kids up, fed and dressed kinda early cause once 12:00 comes around they are like ticking time bombs. I wanted to spend as much time as I could in there before lunch and nap time rolled around. I had my mom with me too, because the chances of me being totally distracted by the mass amounts of Papaya and Pool were pre-tty high.

I could see it from across the mall and when I walked through the doors I swear I heard a triumphant angelic chorus. The walls were covered in Rhubarb, Curry, Moss and more. It was a sight. I could have easily stayed for a couple of hours but as lunch time approached the kids started to get restless. They even had a little section with a whole bunch of kid stuff. My mom bought the boys some monster looking finger puppets. It kept them busy while I made my final round of the store.

I highly recommend going to a Paper Source store if you are ever near one. You could definitely say I left inspired.

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog! beautiful.

    Jesus bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the store amazing! I spent hours in there when I was in California. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  3. was this from your trip yesterday? great post!...and very cute header bar too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same affliction--paper paralysis! A good paper store always stops me in my tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday, Jen (Holly's interview). I love the design work you do and it would be fun to feature some of your items on my blog soon, if that's o.k. ;) Keep up the great work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have an addiction with Paper Source that is how i discovered Waste not Paper...%50 off the paper source prices. Can you tell my new addiction?

    ReplyDelete